CALL FOR PAPERS
The SMI'06 program will include full paper presentations and short paper sessions
and it will feature the Best Paper Award.
Tutorials and keynote lectures will also be organized.
Abstracts are requested to facilitate the review process.
Abstracts should be sent BY EMAIL ONLY to smi06 [at] ge.imati.cnr.it.
The submitted abstracts should have the following structure:
2. List of authors with their affiliations
3. List of keywords
4. The abstract itself (plain text in ASCII, no more than 300 words, no images)
Full papers are expected to be 10-12 A4 pages, and should present previously unpublished original results
that are not simultaneously submitted elsewhere. All papers will be peer-reviewed, by at least three reviewers.
The accepted full paper contributions will be presented during the plenary sessions and will appear
in the conference proceedings.
Sketches, or short papers, are expected to be 4 A4 pages at most. The accepted short papers will be included in the proceedings as extended abstract
and presented during the plenary sessions as short presentations.
After the conference, selected papers will be invited for special issues of major journals devoted to the conference results.
In the past, these special issues have appeared in The Visual Computer, the International Journal on Shape Modeling,
and Graphical Models.
Full papers should be submitted electronically using the site:
as either PDF or PS files, preferably the former.
For those who plan to use LaTeX or MS-Word for compiling their manuscripts,
we recommend you to use the style file or template available through the IEEE CS sites:
8.5" x 11", Two-Column Format (PDF,
8.5" x 11", Two-Column Format Layout Guide
We will accept the short paper submissions via e-mail.
The short paper contributions should be sent at the following e-mail address:
smi06 [at] ge.imati.cnr.it
The paper size should not exceed 5 Mb.
(If it is bigger, please use the same e-mail to contact the SMI'06 program co-Chairs first.)
The final deadline for the short paper contributions is December 20.
The proceedings are scheduled to be published by IEEE Computer Society Press.
If you have any problems with paper submission, please contact us by e-mail smi06 [at] ge.imati.cnr.it.
CONFERENCE TOPICS (not limited to)
- Shape Acquisition and Reconstruction
- Shape Modeling and Design
- Shape Analysis and Reasoning
- Shape Transformation and Morphing
- Shape Matching and Retrieval
- Shape Compression and Simplification
- Shape Perception and Recognition
- Semantics of Shapes
- Implicit Surfaces
- Dynamic Shapes
- Topological Modeling of Shapes
- Computational Basis for Shape Modeling
- Smart Shapes
- Uncertainty Coding in Shape Models
- Physically-based Shape Modeling
- Volume and Multidimensional Modeling
- Grammar-Based Shape Modeling
- Iconic Modeling of Shapes
- Free-form Feature Extraction and Modeling
- Polygonization and Mesh Processing
- Interactive and Web-based Shape Modeling
- Shape Rendering
- Molecular Shape Analysis
- Human Body Modeling
- Modeling for Games and Entertainment
22 November, 2005
Full papers deadline:
15 December, 2005 (GMT)
Short papers deadline:
20 December, 2005 (GMT)
8 March, 2006
5 April, 2006
Last Update: 18 April, 2006