The Institute of Fluid Science (IFS) has upheld “Research First” principle and the tradition of “Practice-Oriented Research and Education” at Tohoku University since this institute’s inauguration in 1943 as the Institute of High-Speed Mechanics, and has pledged commitment to the formation of theories regarding fiow, as well as applications thereof.
IFS consists of four research divisions and two attached research centers : Creative Flow Research Division, Complex Flow Research Division, Nanoscale Flow Research Division, Collaborative Research Division, and attached Innovative Energy Research Center, and attached Lyon Center.
|Original Papers (English)※1||261||245||188||217||164|
|Original Papers (other than English)||14||2||6||5||9|
|Presentations at International Conferences ※2||303||323||349||388||303|
|Presentations at Domestic Conferences||316||281||273||261||256|
- Original papers refer to the papers published in the peer-reviewed academic journals, highly evaluated academic journals that are equivalent to the above journals, or in the proceedings. They also refer to the short notes, preliminary reports, invited papers or tutorial papers. They do not include proceedings, papers, summaries of lectures or abstracts without peer review.
- It does not include above-mentioned original papers.
Participation to International Conferences
|held in foreign countries||86||71||85||71||32|
|held in Japan||64||67||49||61||46|
International Collaborative Researches
|Individual Collaborative Researches||59||64||58||60||51|
|Publicly Offered Collaborative Researches||30||38||41||56||60|
|Leadership Collaborative Researches||13||7||6||3||5|
Research Division & Research Center
- Creative Flow Research Division
- Complex Flow Research Division
- Nanoscale Flow Research Division
- Collaborative Research Division
- Innovative Energy Research Center
- Lyon Center(LyC)